Tuesday 14 July 2015

Decades colouring challenge


Hi all, over at Saturated Canary, Krista posted another colouring contest, this time using a series of Fashion decade images she has created. I fell in love with all of them instantly, but had a play and challenged myself to use the 80's image. 

The hair on this one scared me, but I found a tutorial on Pinterest on how to colour curly hair and it came out really well!


I mounted the cropped image in a polaroid frame from Craftwork Cards. The frame had a spotty chevron design which I chose to highlight using Letraset Neon Markers (I was seeing spots by the time I had finished!) To finish it off, I had to add a moustache paperclip to the edge of the frame. 

Colours used:
Skin - Pastel Pink, Oatmeal, Sunkissed Pink, Coral
Hair - Vermillion, Shocking Pink, Frosted Pink
Lips - Magenta
Dress - 117, 119, 120
Background - Surf Blue, Purple glitter pen


No comments:

Post a Comment